Monday, October 29, 2007

Health issues at san mateo library

I went to the presentation at san mateo library today about the health issues.
They said that mostly people eat food because it's like a comfort for them in many ways, being bored, weather or any kind of things.
Fast food started in the 1960s and it was the biggest advertisement during that time.
The best way to eat is to slow down during breakfast, to focus on food, have at least 20 minutes to eat, and chew it.
Try to skip the mayo, cheese, and fries as much as possible.
Food, sleep, and physical activity is the main energy of all.
Everyone should set limits on what they eat and balance their food. Eating more fruits and vegetables.
The society today is junk food and no exercise.
You need to have the readiness to change and the parent's involvement.
80% of kids remains diabetes to adulthood.


My reflection on this is I really have to slow down on my junk food eating habit now. It's really scaring me and I don't it to affect my body because of the environment around me. I know that it's really good but I have to learn how to control myself and start eating more vegetables and fruits. I know that I eat the most when i'm wide awake, which is not in the morning but when i watch TV but i have to stop it now. I need to eat the most during breakfast and exercise more.

1 comment:

liz song mandell said...

I think it's cool that you went to this talk about healthy choices. You're right about getting off that junk food and exercising more. I have a hard time finding something that will keep me really motivated to keep moving around. Do you?

Actually, I think that the Ruckus Nation competition is really interesting because it's a way to come up with a really cool idea for a product that will help us get (and stay) active! I'm signed up as a judge....are you thinking about registering to compete or judge? (www.ruckusnation.com)

You should do it! :D